Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I just haven't...but I'm gonna.

So it is half way through the summer and not one post from yours truly. And it's not like there haven't been some very eventful, cool things to write about...I just havent'.

I just haven't. Now there is a statement that unfortunately I have used far too much of late. I just haven't...blogged. I just haven't...cleaned my house. I just haven't...cleaned out my closet, under the bed, etc...all those summer projects that need to be done. But none of those, "I just haven't" statements/non-actions are as profound as this confession.

I just haven't been spending time with Him. There. I confessed it. I'm not proud of it, nor am I happy about it. It's just truth. It is just plain ol' ugly truth. And you know what else? Because it is true, I also have become more plain ol' ugly as a result. BUT, today is a new day...actually last night was a new night. I spent time...I mean real time, not the few minutes of prayer before I get up and before I go to sleep. I mean real awake time...in His Word, WITH Him. And you know what else? I think I was a little prettier today as a result. I know I felt better.

So, now...I'm off here...for more of Him.

No comments: